I’ve just gotta say, I love grace.
Our pastor’s sermon this morning was about grace, and this is taken from it.
- great (Acts 4.33 -“And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.”)
- sovereign (Romans 5.21 – “so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”)
- rich (Ephesians 1.7 – “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses,according to the riches of his grace;” Ephesians 2.7 – “so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”)
- exceeding (II Corinthians 9.14 – “while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you.”)
- manifold (I Peter 4.10 – “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.”)
- all-sufficient (II Corinthians 12.9 – “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”)
- all-abundant (Romans 5.15, 17, 20 – “But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. […] For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. […] Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more.”)
- glorious (Ephesians 1.5-6 – “he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.”)
Grace is the source of:
- our election (Romans 11.5 – “So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.”)
- the call of God (Galatians 1.15 – “But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace.”)
- justification (Romans 3.24 – “and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus”; Titus 3.7 – “so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”)
- faith (Acts 18.27 – “And when he wished to cross to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed.”)
- forgiveness of sins (Ephesians 1.7 – “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses,according to the riches of his grace.”)
- salvation (Acts 15.11 – “But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will;” Ephesians 2.5, 8 – “even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ – by grace you have been saved. […] For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.”
- comfort and hope (II Thessalonians 2.16 – “Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace.”)
This is amazing grace!